The church is the heart’s desire of God (Ephesians 3:9-11; 5:25):
- The church is the church of God, chosen and predestinated by God the Father, redeemed by God the Son, and sealed by God the Spirit (1 Corinthians 10:32; Ephesians 1:3-14).
- The church is the house of the living God, the pillar and base of the truth, for His manifestation in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:15-16).
- The church is the Body of Christ, the fullness of the One who fills all in all, for His expression (Ephesians 1:22-23).
- The church is the wife of Christ, His counterpart (5:23-27).
- The church is the new man (2:15).
- The church exists universally as the unique universal church, but it is expressed locally as many local churches (1:22-23; Revelation 1:4a, 11).
(ITERO Fall 2015, msg. 6 outline)
Read more via, The practicality of the church today.